Havana, Cuba.- A report from the Cuban Ministry of Construction (MICONS), said on Thursday that about 4,576 homes were completed in Cuba until closing first quarter of the year.
The statement that from that figure, about 1,366 houses were built by the state, representing eight percent, and subsidies supported 1,280.
The eastern Cuban province of Las Tunas has only complied with the housing construction plan by 26 percent and the remaining was below 25.
Ciego de Avila fulfills the housing subsidy plan in 34 percent, and Las Tunas in 27.
About 1,930 houses are being completed by own effort. The Cuban provinces with worst results are Pinar del Rio, Villa Clara and Santiago de Cuba.
About 136,831 constructive actions for subsidies (46,295 houses, 34 percent, to resolve climatic effects) were approved from 2012 until late March, the statement said.
This program has so far benefited about 410,493 people, completed 82,839 homes (61 percent), and 53,992 are pending to conclude.
Cuba has been hit by hurricanes and a tornado that affected urban Havana areas. The efforts of those affected along with MICONS authorities and other state agencies seek to ease this situation.